The lazy lady's guide to cutting a watermelon

If you are new here, you may not realize how freaking lazy I am.  I do a ton of stuff around the house, and make homemade (insert random food item here), but man oh man if I can find an easier way to do something, I pounce like a puma.

We've been eating a lot of watermelon lately with our gluten-free challenge, and it's great to have it all cut up and ready to go in the fridge.  When you have delicious fruit on hand, you're less likely to reach for something less healthy. 

I had been spending a lot of time (like 6 minutes, which is considered a lot for me) cutting the melon up on the weekend.  However, last week, I found a faster way to get this done, and I'm never going back.  Quick note, we buy those little personal sized watermelons.  They probably are more expensive than buying a huge one, but our fridge is way too small to store all of the extra watermelon.  Stupid fridge.  :kicks fridge:

Step One:
Cut the watermelon in half down the middle - the opposite of where the melon butt and noggins is.   Set one section aside.
Step Two:
Cut the half in half through the melon belly button.
Step Three:
Cut the pointy ends off of the watermelon.
Step Four:
Slice down the melon, keeping in mind your desired thickness (that's what she said).

Done!  We pack it in the rind since it's faster to eat the fruit from the rind than it is to cut the fruit from the rind.

This new method takes me about three minutes tops.  So, I'm saving three minutes which may not seem like a lot, but those extra three minutes give me time to write up a pointless blog post.

Hey readers?

You're welcome

Pin It

Labels: