Meal plan for September 19-25th

Last Sunday when I wrote my weekly meal plan post, I was sweating my balls off in 90 degree weather.  This morning, I'm bundled up in yoga pants, a hoodie, and socks.  The change of seasons has brought on changes in the garden, and resulted in a kiddo with a cold. 

I'm hoping the tomatoes hold on long enough to ripen, but I'm looking forward to harvesting from my fall garden over the next few months - brussel sprouts, cabbage, garlic, carrots, spinach, lettuce, beets, and kale.

This week, we're eating a mixture of cooler weather comfort food, and let's face it, convenience.  Everything will be homemade.

Monday - chicken tortilla soup in the crockpot, cheese crunchies (new recipe I found and will be testing for you guys), and salad from the garden.

Tuesday - Hot dogs (from the local butcher), corn from the garden, and fruit.

Wednesday - Quesadillas, fruit, and salad from the garden.

Thursday - Homemade ravioli with homemade red sauce, garlic bread, and salad from the garden.

Friday - Poppy (what Jack calls Troy) is making us pizza!  We use the same recipe, but somehow it's always better when Troy makes it.  I'm not sure if it's the actual pizza, or just the fact that it's the 1 day every few weeks I don't have to cook!  Pizza will be paired with salad from the garden.

Saturday - homemade mac and cheese (didn't make it this weekend), salad from the garden, and fruit.

Sunday - we're skipping family dinner this week to take Jack to see re-release of The Lion King in the theater.  It will be his first movie and I hope it goes well.  We'll probably go out for something small afterwards.

The massive corn harvest from the garden last Friday
Paired with homemade chicken pot pie, and pears I canned two years ago!
I normally enjoy grocery shopping (I'm weird like that), but this week I was able to stay home and relax because Jack volunteered to go for me. 
What a kind boy.

Labels: